Today it was in the 80s in Virginia. Flowers are blooming and the grass is green. After a long, cold winter, I want to be outside as much as possible. Plus there are a lot of events going on that require a picnic–horse races, car races, beach day trips. With that in mind, I thought I would share a perfect recipe for a picnic. This pasta salad can be part of a larger spread or it can be the whole picnic itself, if time or money make additional dishes difficult. And it’s mayo free, so won’t spoil in ths sunshine.
Easy Pasta Salad
2 ½ cups uncooked tri-colored Rotini pasta
¼ red bell pepper, chopped
¼ green bell pepper, chopped
¼ broccoli crown (just the florets), chopped
8 radishes, chopped (optional)
1 cup of your favorite Italian dressing
¼ cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
1) Cook the pasta according to package directions. Don’t overcook. Drain.
2) Wash and prepare vegetables.
3) Combine drained pasta, chopped vegetables and dressing in a medium-large bowl. Stir everything together.
4) Stir in Parmesan cheese, if desired.
5) Serve right away or refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Keeps for up to a week in the refrigerator. Okay to serve at room temperature.
Note: These are the veggies I used, but feel free to substitute your favorite veggies or whatever you have on hand.