If you love Asian take-out, but have trouble finding a vegetarian or healthier version, you’ll love this veg version of beef and broccoli. So good, you may find yourself craving it weekly – and that’s without any added MSG. So why phone for take-out when you can make such an awesome dish at home?
Mock Beef and Broccoli
16 Gardein brand mock beef tenders, cut in half
2 heads of broccoli, broken into florets
½ of a red pepper, cut into thin strips
½ cup of chopped bok choy (optional)
½ of a sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbsp. canola oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
¼ cup soy sauce
3 tbsp. sirachi sauce (or to taste)
½ tsp. sesame oil
1) In large wok on medium-high heat, add canola oil and 2 tbsp. soy sauce. Add chopped onion and sauté about 5 minutes.
2) Add the broccoli and sauté another 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Add the bok choy and red pepper and sauté another 5 minutes or so.
4) Add the minced garlic. Saute veggies until tender.
5) Add the mock beef tenders and sauté a couple minutes more.
6) Mix the sauce ingredients together in a separate bowl. Pour over the stir fry in the wok and stir together.
7) Serve with brown rice. Yum!