Looking to lose weight?
I lost ten pounds and dropped two pant sizes without trying. In order to lower cholesterol, I started eating low-fat, high-fiber, vegetarian foods, and I added about 2 additional hours of exercise per week. I eat as much as I want of these healthy, delicious foods and I never feel hungry. You can lose weight and get healthier too without depriving yourself! It’s all about choosing the right foods.
Get started with the easy recipe below.
Black Bean Chili
Leftover black bean chili is great packed for lunch. Black beans are full of fiber and no-fat! Make sure you drain and rinse, if using canned, to wash off extra sodium.
2 15 oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 10 oz. can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
½ green or red pepper, chopped
½ large onion, chopped
½ package ground veggie burger* (6 ounces)
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. cilantro
1 tsp. cumin
2 cups of water
Salt & pepper
1) In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add onions and stir a few minutes, until onions start to soften.
2) Add green pepper and stir fry with onion for a minute or two.
3) Add chili powder, cilantro and cumin and stir.
4) Add veggie burger. Stir fry with other ingredients for a few minutes.
5) Add black beans, tomatoes with chile rellenos and water. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat.
6) Salt and pepper to taste.
7) Great with sliced avocado, diced purple onions, fresh cilantro or diced tomatoes.
Makes enough for four people with good appetites.
*I used Smart Ground Original veggie protein crumbles
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/vegetarianlight